We are looking for an experienced Node.js developer to join our team.
// or in other words the master of building API’s using Node.js [bonus for Python or Go]
Who are we?
We are the DEUS initiative, and we are all about exploring AI in the service of humanity. No, we are not calling ourselves gods(!), but our name is a reference to ‘deus ex machina’ (or god from the machine in Latin). We believe that artificial intelligence technologies such as machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing will have a massive impact on the way we live, and we want to make sure that we create a positive impact on the world with these AI services.
As a happy coincidence, DEUS is also an acronym representing the quadrivium of key disciplines we believe are important to building successful AI-powered services: Data / Engineering / User-experience design / Strategy.
DEUS is a new initiative, but the founders have been working together very successfully for years, so there is a comfortable family feel to the company. We have an amazing set of international client partnerships (and projects/challenges). Our headquarters is located in the heart of the city centre of Amsterdam at the Brouwersgracht. We also have a team in Portugal that is based out of the beautiful city of Porto with an office close to the beach, and our Spanish team is based out of the charming center of A Coruña!
Who are you?
- You are proficient in building API’s using Node.js
- You have thorough knowledge on communicate and do operations over different kind of databases.
- You have understanding of containers and functions. Deployment experience with Kubernetes (K8s) or Functions is highly desirable.
- You have experience deploying production applications (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, Heroku…).
- You know modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques.
- You love to write clean structured code.
- You enjoy learning about new technologies.
- You know how to design an efficient software architecture and implement it.
- You automate the mundane tasks so more time can be spent on the fun stuff.
- You like working in a team, sharing knowledge and mentoring juniors.
Some of the tasks you might be doing in this role:
- Work closely with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate and seek feedback, sharing knowledge and different points of view.
- Setup and improve CI/CD pipeline.
- Implement monitoring, logging and alerting.
- Work with the business to gather requirements and specifications in an agile environment.
- Squeeze every last drop of performance out of your backend and websites through benchmarking and optimisation.
- Use infrastructure tools such as K8s, Terraform, Docker, helm charts, …
bonus points if you:
- have previous experience on build common reusable components to make it easier to build applications, promotion of reuse and extension wherever is possible. Comfortable with InnerSource best practices and Open Source usage.
- are comfortable with web-scraping, custom charts, common notification systems, infrastructure automation, authorization service, data discovery / index, container registry, bastion host, alerting framework, observability tools.
...and some more points:
- Written and verbal English is the only language requirement.
- We will provide top hardware [macbook pro etc] and the latest software – we use the right tools for the job.
- note: If you don’t feel that you perfectly fit the description above, but you have some other background or skillset that you think could be of interest, please still get in touch!
We are dedicated to making a friendly and inclusive workplace. To put it bluntly, there is an unwritten ‘no assholes’ policy that applies to both ourselves and our clients, as we always want to enjoy our team dynamic. We do trips, conferences and events together on a regular basis, and we are always committed to cultivating a company that embraces differences. We strongly believe in flexibility, and you will be given a lot of freedom while translating complicated problems into easy-to-use products. This means managing your own priorities, trying out new things and working a flexible hours’ scheme.If this all sounds interesting to you, then hit that Apply Now button in the top right corner! We would love to hear from you!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying